CEO of Sharpshooter Society
The Right To Have and Carry Firearms Comes With Great Responsibility
This is why our team at Sharp Shooter Society is dedicated to promoting gun safety and using arms only in extreme situations to defend yourself and your loved ones.
That was the most important thing for my friend Brad who started this website and had acquired Come And Take it America (comeandtakeitamerica.com) which is now part of the Sharpshooter Society brand. When Brad became too busy running his shooting range, I took over the website, keeping the same mission and goals! Brad remains involved in some decisions and strategic direction.
We strive to review the latest and best in handguns, rifles, ammo, safety equipment, and more. Join us and share your views, expertise and experience!
Sharpshooter Society Mission and Concerns
We at Sharpshooter Society are NOT promoting the use of firearms. You love firearms? Great, but always love your fellow citizens MORE!
Your right guaranteed by the Second Amendment also comes with a serious responsibility that should not be taken lightly. Ever!!!
Gun safety is paramount when it comes to owning a firearm. There are several basic safety rules that every gun owner should follow:
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
- Know your target and what is beyond it.
- Know how to use the gun safely.
These rules may seem simple, but they are the foundation of safe gun ownership. Failure to follow these rules can lead to accidents that could have been prevented.
Responsibilities of Gun Owners
As a gun owner, it is important to understand your responsibilities. These responsibilities include:
- Keeping your gun secure: It is your responsibility to keep your gun out of the hands of unauthorized persons, including children.
- Knowing the laws: As a gun owner, you are responsible for knowing the laws that apply to gun ownership in your state.
- Practicing safety: You should always practice safe gun handling and storage.
- Keeping your gun in good condition: You are responsible for keeping your gun in good working order.
- Properly storing and transporting your gun: It is your responsibility to properly store and transport your gun, so that it is not accessible to unauthorized persons.
One of the main reasons people own guns is for self-defense. While it is important to be prepared for a self-defense situation, it is equally important to understand the potential dangers. Here are a few scenarios to consider:
- House break-in: If someone breaks into your home, you may feel the need to defend yourself. However, it is important to remember that there may be legal consequences for using deadly force in this scenario.
- Mugging: If you are approached by someone who appears to be trying to rob you, you may feel the need to defend yourself. Again, it is important to understand the potential legal consequences of using deadly force in this situation.
- Carjacking: If someone attempts to carjack you, you may feel the need to defend yourself. However, it is important to remember that there may be legal consequences for using deadly force if this happens.
Gun Ownership Statistics in the USA
The United States is the country with the most civilian-held firearms. With less than 5 percent of the world's population, it accounts for 46 percent of global civilian gun ownership.
As estimated by the Small Arms Survey, the global stockpile of civilian-held firearms has increased from 650 million in 2006 to 857 million in 2017, largely attributable to soaring figures in the United States.
In 2017, about 393.3 million guns were privately owned in the United States at a time when its population was less than 326.5 million. This amounts to 120.5 firearms for every 100 people. That's A LOT RESPONSIBILITY on the gun owners' part!
Our Tips for First-Time Gun Owners
- If you are considering purchasing a handgun for the first time, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Do your research: Before purchasing a handgun, do your research to find the right gun for your needs. Consider factors such as caliber, size, and weight.
- Seek training: It is important to seek training before using a handgun. Find a qualified instructor who can teach you the basics of safe gun handling and shooting.
- Practice, practice, practice: Once you have purchased your handgun and received training, it is important to practice regularly. The more you practice, the more comfortable you will become with your firearm.
- Store your gun safely: As a first-time gun owner, it is important to understand the importance of safe gun storage. Keep your gun unloaded and stored in a secure location,
- Get a gun safe: Investing in a gun safe is a great way to ensure that your firearm is stored safely and out of reach of unauthorized persons.
- Consider additional accessories: There are several accessories that can improve the functionality and safety of your handgun, such as a holster, gun lock, or a trigger guard.
- Be aware of your state's laws: Gun laws vary from state to state, so it is important to understand your state's laws regarding gun ownership and usage.
As we said earlier, gun ownership comes with a great deal of responsibility. As a gun owner, it is important to prioritize gun safety and understand the potential dangers associated with using a firearm for self-defense. First-time gun owners should seek out proper training, do their research before purchasing a handgun, and understand their state's laws. By following these guidelines, gun owners can ensure the safe and responsible use of their firearms.
CEO and Team Leader
My phone number: